Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Zipper Pouches and an iPad Cover

I have some more finishes!  I got a new purse a couple of weeks ago and in an attempt to keep it a bit more organized I decided I needed some zippered pouches.  These are pretty easy to make, the only tricky part is the orientation of the fabric when sewing on the zipper.  I've made several now, so I feel like I have these down pretty good.



Another project I have been wanting to sew up is a cover for the iPad I got for Christmas/my birthday.  I know I will want to take it with me out of the house, on trips, etc. and want it to be protected.  I used this tutorial from One Shabby Chick for a quilted cover.  The tutorial was very easy to follow and worked out perfectly.  I am pretty proud of my finished product and only messed up once while sewing it up.  I didn't read the instructions very carefully and sewed the velcro to the wrong side of the flap...oops!  And I didn't realize it until I already had the flap sewed in place.  It all worked out in the end, though.


My next projects will be some quilts.  I have 2 started and need to finish the one for my oldest daughter soon.  I plan to start at least one more very soon for a good friend and his wife who just had their first baby.  I hear that my cousin, who is graduating in June, may also want one for a graduation gift so that would be another.  Looks like I will be busy sewing for the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment