Saturday, March 10, 2012

My First (Mini) Quilts!

I have been really busy lately with sewing projects.  I have found that sewing is very relaxing for me so I have been trying to spend a few nights a week working on different projects.  It helps that my youngest goes to bed early and my oldest likes to spend the time with me in the bedroom while I sew.

I recently finished my first quilting project, a couple of mini quilts from the January Fresh-Squeezed Sew Along at I Have to Say.  My intention was to follow along with the sew along but sick kids, work, and all those other not-so-fun parts of life took precedent so I wasn't able to finish until about a week ago.  I think they turned out pretty good for my first quilting attempt!

I definitely need to work on my binding skills (the corners gave me some trouble) but I am pretty proud for my first foray into quilting.

I'm linking up to Craftomaniac Monday at Craft-O-Maniac, Friday Link Party at Creation Corner, Sundae Scoop Link Party at I Heart Nap Time, Saturday Seven Party at Positively Splendid, Free For All at Young and Crafty, Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations


  1. Hi Angie!
    you won my giveaway for a Charm book, email me with your address.

  2. Gorgeous! I love the fun colors you chose, and your piecing is great! Found you through Craftomaniac and would love for you to come by for a visit!
    Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker