Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

My First (Mini) Quilts!

I have been really busy lately with sewing projects.  I have found that sewing is very relaxing for me so I have been trying to spend a few nights a week working on different projects.  It helps that my youngest goes to bed early and my oldest likes to spend the time with me in the bedroom while I sew.

I recently finished my first quilting project, a couple of mini quilts from the January Fresh-Squeezed Sew Along at I Have to Say.  My intention was to follow along with the sew along but sick kids, work, and all those other not-so-fun parts of life took precedent so I wasn't able to finish until about a week ago.  I think they turned out pretty good for my first quilting attempt!




I definitely need to work on my binding skills (the corners gave me some trouble) but I am pretty proud for my first foray into quilting.

I'm linking up to Craftomaniac Monday at Craft-O-Maniac, Friday Link Party at Creation Corner, Sundae Scoop Link Party at I Heart Nap Time, Saturday Seven Party at Positively Splendid, Free For All at Young and Crafty, Sew Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angie!
    you won my giveaway for a Charm book, email me with your address.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the fun colors you chose, and your piecing is great! Found you through Craftomaniac and would love for you to come by for a visit!
    Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
    www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete